How To Contribute Sermons
Do you want to add a sermon to our collection? You may now directly upload files by following our simple 3 step process.
Read the disclaimers below. In order to post sermons you should follow our best practices or there's a chance that your sermon may not be posted.
Once you have your audio or video files ready and you have a user account, you're ready to contribute a sermon.
Please take into account the following best practices
- There is no guarantee that the sermon will be posted, especially if you do not follow the exact instructions listed below.
- Allow additional time for posting of the sermon. Our systems must process your audio or video before it will be posted in full to the site.
- We will only be accepting sermons in ENGLISH as we plan on launching versions of the site in Arabic and other languages shortly in the future.
- Try to compress the files as much as possible while retaining sound or video quality.
- You can upload most all formats of audio and video files. We accept mp3, wav, or aiff for audio sermons and wmv, mov, mp4, m4v, and many other video formats.
- You may also upload pdf, ppt or other types of files associated with the audio or video files. See below for details on the naming convention for the files. It should match the name of the audio or video file.
- You must include a title for the sermon as well as indicate the speaker in the title of the file. Please use the following naming convention: (MetropolitanBakhomious-YouMustBeAWitnessToChrist.wmv, BishopYoussef-TheWaysToVictory.mp3, FrBishoyAndrawes-ANeededWash.mp3, etc.)
- If your sermon is part of a series please include the name of the series in the filename along with the part number and include the specific title of that part in the description field as follows: FrAnthonyMesseh-FindingJoy1.mp3, Title to be included in the Description field: "Finding Joy No Matter What"
- Try to use very unique names for titles of sermons and avoid generic titles such as "love", "joy", "fasting", etc. Please also include a maximum of a 2-3 sentence description and as many keywords as possible to help those who use the search function to find the most relevant sermons.
- When filling out the "speaker" field please try to select from the drop down menu when possible. For clergy please use the following titles: His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, His Eminence Metropolitan Bakhomious, His Grace Bishop Angaelos, Fr. Pishoy Salama, Deacon______, etc... For laymen, please use the complete first and last name or Dr. or other title if applicable.
- When filling in the "church" field please use the complete name of the church as well as the city, state (country) to avoid confusion as seen below. You may also use a diocese, convention or organization name as follows: St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Washington, DC, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Cleveland, Ohio, Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles, Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate Archdiocese of North America, East Coast Coptic Youth Convention, etc.
- You must confirm that there are no copyright issues and that the speaker approves of posting on this website.